• File under: unexpected vacation buddies. Catherine Zeta-Jones and husband Michael Douglas are in the middle of their month-long Mediterranean cruise, but when they got to Saint-Tropez, the duo were joined by some unlikely buddies – rocker Jon Bon Jovi and his wife Dorothea. The couples shared a lunchtime double date at the exclusive beachside hotspot Club 55, and, later in the evening, the quartet turned up together again – this time 30 miles away at Tetou restaurant in Juan Les Pins, France, where they had a quiet meal.
• Are they going public? Glee‘s Chord Overstreet stepped out for a little shopping with rumored girlfriend Emma Roberts at the Malibu Country Mart. The two were spotted strolling around and enjoying each other’s company at the outdoor market.
• On a break from touring, Aretha Franklin has been catching up on her Broadway shows in the Big Apple. The Queen of Soul caught Baby It’s You at New York’s Broadhurst Theatre, and was also spotted dining at Le Cirque with a close group of friends. But her trip to New York isn’t all play and no work: Franklin has been taking private piano lessons in her hotel room from Juilliard-trained concert pianist, Melissa Manning.
• Josh Hartnett met his guy friends for Italian food at Rubirosa in New York’s Nolita neighborhood. The actor introduced himself to the hostess and was immediately escorted to a back table. “Josh was pretty upbeat,” an onlooker says. “He was joking around and just having fun with his friends.”
• In town to film Rock of Ages, Mary J. Blige sipped mojitos with a friend poolside at Miami’s Delano Hotel. A large security guard helped the hip-hop soul singer maintain her privacy, but Blige did take the time to snap a photo with a fan.
• By KRISTIN BOEHM, PAUL CHI, JENNIFER GARCIA, MARISA LAUDADIO and PETER MIKELBANK