It’s Friday, which means it’s time to let our hair down at Movies.com headquarters and break out all the weird, freaky stuff we’ve been hiding from our parents so they don’t think we’ve gone completely mad. Just don’t tell anyone you got this from us …
– Who wants to stare at boring old comic book covers when we can stare at awesome animated comic book covers instead? Kerry Callen decided to animate the covers of a few classic comic books because, hey, it looks damn cool.
– The Dark Knight Rises prologue will arrive later this month, as will David Fincher’s The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. You know what that means — MASH-UP TRAILER TIME! Except this one just borrows the style and music from the first Dragon Tattoo trailer and lays it over some clever editing of pieces from all three of Nolan’s Batman movies.
– That get you jacked-up enough? In the mood to strap on a virtual automatic weapon and kill people for the rest of the afternoon, Call of Duty-style? Here’s another Sam Worthington/Jonah Hill trailer for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 that’s a bit more foul-mouthed and NSFW than the previous one.
– Bet that adrenaline is still pumping, but now you’re in the mood to laugh some more. Here’s something for ya: Adam Scott directs Mark Duplass and Ken Marino in The First A.D., a short film that follows the world’s worst first assistant director.
– Ever wonder where the hell a creature like Star Wars’ Admiral Ackbar came from? Now you can learn his origin story and wear it on a t-shirt at the same time. Wassup!
Click image to enlarge
– Oh, so now you want to talk about Star Wars? Fine, we’ll throw you Wars geeks another bone: Watch a video in which some fan recreated the entire Death Star attack sequence from A New Hope using Minecraft blocks.
– Yup, we’re still on Star Wars, and in our opinion the AT-AT gets way too much love. You know who gets totally ignored, like, all the time? The AT-ST. With that in mind, here’s a pretty cool AT-ST treehouse created by some kid’s super-cool father. Who knew Star Wars geeks were actually good at building stuff?
– Finally, let’s end on a lighter, more positive note. Enough about fighting and wars and billionaires who dress up as bat-men. Here’s a trailer for a documentary that takes a look inside the world of the National American Rabbit Convention. To say anymore would rob you of the opportunity to go into this one with fresh eyes and tall ears.