Prince Frederic von Anhalt, the husband of ailing screen legend Zsa Zsa Gabor, was hospitalized in Los Angeles Tuesday after he accidentally glued his eye shut.
John Blanchette, longtime rep for Von Anhalt and Gabor, says the press-friendly “prince” mistook some of Zsa Zsa’s old nail glue for eye drops and proceeded to apply the substance into his right eye, effectively sealing the thing shut in the process.
After being immediately rushed to the nearest emergency room, Frederic underwent surgery to reopen his eye and was given painkillers to manage the throbbing in his eye. He’s expected to be released later this week.
Von Anhalt’s accident comes just two months after he was hospitalized for swallowing a bee by mistake.
Gabor, 93, has been battling a myriad of health issues since having hip-replacement surgery following a fall over the summer.