Prince Frederic von Anhalt, the fame-hungry husband of screen dame Zsa Zsa Gabor, has been hospitalized after being stung in the throat by a bee he swallowed during a freak accident at the couple’s Beverly Hills home last week.
The Austrian was “sunbathing and eating Kaiserschmarrn” — a light, caramelized pancake that is a popular dessert in Austria — Tuesday when he suddenly “could not breathe and turned blue.” Turns out when Frederic took that last bite, he was devouring more than just a caramel delicacy.
He remains hospitalized.
Let’s just say 2010 has not been the year of Frederic and Hungarian vamp Zsa Zsa. The heavily-accented actress suffered a myriad of health troubles following an accidential fall at the Beverly Hills mansion in July.