Oh My Damn! Is the Summer of 2010 set to bring another round of high-profile deaths to Tinseltown? Just one day after Hollywood said farewell to troubled child star Gary Coleman, Easy Rider legend Dennis Hopper died at his Venice, California home early Saturday. He was 74.The actor, director, and artist succumbed to prostate cancer in the […]
Stand Up To Cancer, a 2008 multichannel TV fundraiser that helped raise more than $100 million for cancer research, returns in September.Evening news anchors Katie Couric (CBS Evening News), Diane Sawyer (ABC World News Tonight), and Brian Williams (NBC Nightly News) are coming together for the third annual Stand Up to Cancer Tele-A-Thon to raise […]
Ever since he first commenced therapies for an uncommon type of Hodgkin’s disease the previous year, Survivor: Africa succeeder Ethan Zohn has attested his journeying in video recording on PEOPLE. He and lady friend Jenna Morasca, succeeder of Survivor: Amazon, have been thankful for the help of those chasing his advancement – and are thrilled […]
The tennis champion Martina Navratilova has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer. She has won the Wimbledon trophy for nine times and proved her excellence in tennis.
Navratilova cried after she was informed about this bad news followed by the routine checkup.
According to the reports Your browser may not support display of this image. Navratilova had […]
Scientists have developed a simple blood test that is capable of detecting breast cancer in women before it can be detected by standard screening methods.
Normal breast screening checks using x-rays – only detect a tumour once it is three of four times bigger, by which time it may have started to spread beyond the breast.
Radon, a radioactive, colourless, odourless, tasteless noble gas present in residential buildings, has been found to contribute to the deaths of patients suffering from lung cancer.
Klaus Schmid of the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg and his co-authors say that about 1900 deaths from lung cancer per year in Germany are due to radon within residential buildings.
The authors […]