Click here to leave a comment.
HuffPost High School welcomes a lively, thoughtful debate in the comment section. Keep in mind that the articles here are penned by young authors, so please keep criticism respectful, and help us to keep this a safe and supportive place for writers of all ages to contribute.
Here’s your 3-day box office returns (new releases bolded):
1. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey – $ 32.9 million
2. Django Unchained – $ 30.6 million
3. Les Miserables – $ 28.0 million
4. Parental Guidance – $ 14.8 million
5. Jack Reacher – $ 14.0 million
6. This is 40 – $ 13.1 million
7. Lincoln – $ 7.5 million
8. The Guilt Trip – $ 6.6 million
9. Monsters, Inc. 3-D - $
LOS ANGELES — “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey” continues to rule them all at the box office, staying on top for a third-straight week and capping a record-setting $ 10.8 billion year in moviegoing.
The Warner Bros. fantasy epic from director Peter Jackson, based on the beloved J.R.R. Tolkien novel, made nearly $ 33 million this weekend, according to Sunday studio estimates, despite serious competition from some much-anticipated newcomers. It’s now… Continue reading 'Django Unchained' Box Office: Quentin Tarantino Film Beats Out 'Les Mis'