Fernando Meirelles never intended to be an international sensation, but that’s what happened after his film “City of God” took the world by storm. The epic drama about growing up in the heart of organized crime in Rio de Janeiro, netted Meirelles an Oscar nomination for Best Director. He followed that up with “The Constant Gardener,” which earned Academy gold for its star Rachel Weisz. And now he’s attempting his… Continue reading Fernando Meirelles, '360' Director, On Making Likable Dark Characters And The Impact of 'City of God'
Today: Top 5 from Net
- The Last Sci-fi Blog: ‘Her’ Stands Toe-to-Toe with ‘Blade Runner,’ ‘Minority Report’ and Other Sci-fi Classics
- Utah Doctor Martin MacNeill Attempts Suicide With Jail Razor After Being Convicted Of His Wife’s Murder
- Best of the Week: Coen Brothers Interviewed, Paul Walker Remembered, December Movie Calendar and More
- Watch: The Schmoes Review ‘Out of the Furnace’ and ‘Inside Llewyn Davis’
- ‘Agents of SHIELD’ adds two recurring characters, plus a new clip
- ‘Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom’: Inside the Making of the Nelson Mandela Biopic (EXCLUSIVE)
- Update: Sundance Midnight Movies Include Teachers vs. Infected Kids, a Return of Nazi Zombies and More Craziness
- Olympic champ McKayla Maroney previews ‘Bones’ guest spot — EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- The House The Kardashians Built: Reality TV Titan Behind Famed Family Sells $2.6M Mansion
- Poster-Crop Quiz: Can You Guess All of These Coen Brothers Movies?
Top 10 Most Popular from Web