If this article was all about filling some sort of word-count mandate we could simply type Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes every single time. That’s not going to happen so from now on we’ll be using the hip slang of ROTPOTA and DOTPOTA.
The rebooted franchise was surprisingly successful in the summer of 2011, grossing more than $… Continue reading Film Face-off: 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes' vs. 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes'
Our resident VOD expert tells you what’s new to rent and own this week on the various streaming services such as cable Movies On Demand, Amazon, iTunes, Vudu, and, of course, Netflix.
Cable Movies On Demand: Same-day-as-disc releases, older titles and pretheatrical exclusives for rent, priced from $ 3-$ 10, in 24- or 48-hour periods
Lone Survivor (action; Mark Wahlberg, Taylor Kitsch; rated R)
Here are your three-day box office returns (new releases bolded):
1. 300: Rise of an Empire – $ 45.0 million
2. Mr. Peabody & Sherman – $ 32.5 million
3. Non-Stop – $ 15.3 million ($ 52.1 million total)
4. The Lego Movie – $ 11.0 million ($ 224.9 million total)
5. Son of God – $ 10.0 million ($ 41.4 million total)
6. The Monuments Men – $ 3.1 million ($ 70.6 million total)
7… Continue reading Box Office Report: '300: Rise of an Empire' Slays the Competition