I understood Brian DePalma’s Mission: Impossible the first time I saw it in theaters. I had no trouble following Chris Nolan’s brain-twister thrillers (Memento, The Prestige, Inception). It was work, but I more-or-less ‘got’ the core narrative beats of LA Confidential and Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. But by golly John Carter is a confusing muddle of a movie. There has been all kinds of hand-wringing about the film’s rather large… Continue reading Review: Confusing and Unengaging, John Carter Makes Avatar Look Like, Well... Avatar.
- The Geek Beat: Four Things I Want for Christmas from Geeky Movies
- ‘Very Disappointing!’ ‘The Interview’ Star Charles Chun Reacts To Controversial Film Being Pulled By Sony
- The Best of 2014: What’s Your Favorite Horror Movie?
- Watch: The Schmoes Review ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’
- This One Celebrity Topped Google’s Annual List of Most-Searched Terms
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 winner is…
- Clothes Call! Kim Kardashian’s 31 Most Embarrassing Wardrobe Malfunctions Ever
- William Fichtner Talks ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ and Coming Back for the Sequel
- Dragon Ball Z: Movie Pack Collection One (Movies 1-5)
- Movie Musicals That Deserve a Fancy New Reboot Like ‘Annie’