I understood Brian DePalma’s Mission: Impossible the first time I saw it in theaters. I had no trouble following Chris Nolan’s brain-twister thrillers (Memento, The Prestige, Inception). It was work, but I more-or-less ‘got’ the core narrative beats of LA Confidential and Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. But by golly John Carter is a confusing muddle of a movie. There has been all kinds of hand-wringing about the film’s rather large… Continue reading Review: Confusing and Unengaging, John Carter Makes Avatar Look Like, Well... Avatar.
Today: Top 5 from Net
- What to Wear This Weekend, From Date Night to Brunch
- Will Diners Prove ‘Kitchen Nightmares’ Wrong? Controversial Amy’s Baking Company’s Re-Opening Sells Out
- This Week’s Best Dressed Star: Julianne Hough. Wait, Where Was Kerry Washington?
- Assassin’s Creed Hitting Theaters Memorial Day 2015
- ‘Hangover 3′ Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- ‘Scandal’ Season 3: Guillermo Diaz and Katie Lowes talk hopes for Huck and Quinn
- ‘Vampire Diaries’ finale postmortem: EP Julie Plec on the cure, the Silas twist, Bonnie’s future
- Soldier Disguised As Baseball Catcher Reunites With Daughter After She Throws Out First Pitch
- Red Carpet Trend Report: The Scoop on Jumpsuits, Double-Strap Sandals and Getting a Little Too Ab-Happy
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm ‘Epic’ Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2
Top 10 Most Popular from Web