10. “Nanny McPhee” (2005) Angela Lansbury has typically projected an air of menace, as she does enjoying the near-sighted great-aunt of the newly motherless Brown kids in Kirk Jones’ household movie. The tightwad meanie will get her comeuppance at a marriage that includes green-frosted cake.
9. “Death on the Nile” (1978) In this profitable adaptation of an Agatha Christie traditional, Lansbury performs a romance novelist who may need primarily based considered one of her characters slightly too carefully on the homicide sufferer on the middle of Hercule Poirot’s (Peter Ustinov) investigation.
8. “Little Gloria … Happy at Last” (1982) In this NBC miniseries, primarily based on Gloria Vanderbilt’s best-selling memoir, Lansbury performs the teenage heiress’ aunt who conspires to grab custody of the woman (and her fortune) from her mom. Lansbury earned her first Emmy nomination for the position.
7. “National Velvet” (1944) In solely her second movie, Lansbury performed the older sister of Elizabeth Taylor’s horse-loving English woman who trains a gelding right into a champion. The movie turned a serious hit — and cemented an extended friendship with Taylor.
6. “The Picture of Dorian Gray” (1945) Lansbury performs the singer who captures the eye of hedonist Dorian Gray (Hurd Hatfield) on this adaptation of Oscar Wilde’s novel. The movie earned Lansbury a Golden Globe and her second straight Oscar nomination.
5. “Murder She Wrote” (1984-96) Over the course of 12 seasons, Lansbury earned 12 straight Emmy nominations — however no wins — for enjoying the thriller author turned small-town sleuth Jessica Fletcher. She did earn 4 Golden Globes as Best Actress in a Drama Series.
4. “Gaslight” (1944) George Cukor’s thriller has entered the lexicon for its story a few devious man who deceives his spouse (Ingrid Bergman) into considering she’s gone loopy — with the help of their maid, performed by Lansbury in her Oscar-nominated display screen debut at age 17.
3. “Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street” (1982) PBS’ “Great Performances” filmed Stephen Sondheim’s traditional musical that includes Lansbury’s Tony-winning flip because the murderous meatpie store proprietor Mrs. Lovett. (The present earned her the fourth of her 5 Tony Awards.)
2. “Beauty and the Beast” (1991) By enjoying enchanted teapot Mrs. Potts, Lansbury earned an entire new technology of followers — and sang the Oscar-winning title track from Disney’s animated hit.
1. “The Manchurian Candidate” (1962) John Frankenheimer’s prescient political thriller encompasses a riveting, Oscar-nominated flip by Lansbury because the mom of a captured Korean War soldier (Raymond Harvey) who’s additionally steering the political profession of her husband, a Joe McCarthy-like U.S. senator.
SCOOB! Final Trailer (2020)
Star Wars praises John Boyega for his Black Lives Matter speech
Provocative Black Comedy Finds the Horror in Old Puppet
Paradigm CEO Sam Gores’ Brother Tom Gores Takes Ownership
Why Elisabeth Moss Was the ‘Top Choice’ to Play Title Role
MINIONS 2: THE RISE OF GRU Trailer (2020)
SERVANT Trailer (2019)
JUNGLE CRUISE Trailer (2020)
DOLITTLE Trailer 2 (2020)
Celebrities5 years ago
Chantel Jeffries In A Thong Bikini At The Beach In Miami
Movies News4 years ago
Aubrey O'Day Reveals Pauly D Has His Penis Pierced: ''We've Been Having Rea…
New Releases Movies1 year ago
Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 – Ice Blue Instant Camera
Movies News4 years ago
Awkward! Sophia Pierson and L.A. Rams WAG Michelle Quick Clash While Talking About Careers: �…